Friday 18 September 2009

Always listen to elders...

And yet again, I learn something the hard way...

My Guruji told me, dont bend the strings on your sitar as yet... neither you, nor the sitar is ready for it...

I was feeling low... so took my favourite thing to cheer me up... Me music and me sitar... and in a fit of musical enthusiasm... I tried playing a very fast jhala and then giving a meend from Re to Pa...

The string snapped... have to wait till Saturday to get the strings replaced !

NOW I'm really depressed...

2 comments:

  1. all low...everything low....

    when things dont go right...nothing goes right.....
    although the frequency of such days is a bit more in our case dont u think?

    -ravi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... ya...

    I'm beginning to believe the frequency of such days coming is increasing...

    And the best (or so to say the worst) part of it is that, when u complain or start adapting or try improving the current list of things being bad (at least it happens to me...) they go from bad to worse... so u end up thinking, the earlier 'BAD' condition was better...

    Its like life sometimes derives sadistic pleasure by tormenting us...

    ReplyDelete