Sunday 9 December 2007

Waah Ustaad Waah...!!!

Saturday the 8th of December..... Amazing Evening....
Been to a Hindustani Classical concert at Nehru Centre - Worli........

It was Ustaad Zaakir Hussain on Tabla, Ustad Shahid Parvez on Sitar and then U Srinivas on Mandolin........ And Boy...was it a Once in a lifetime experience or WHAT?????

We had 5th Row seats and I never wud've imagined it wud've been a visual treat as much as an audible one...... U actually have to be that near to see the stage and to actually not be able to see their hands move...they're that fast....

Srinivas was brilliant on the Mandolin and technically perfect and superb Jugalbandis with the other two maestros........but with all due respect to Srinivas and his mandolin somewhere I felt...(again i cud be wrong... i'm no expert on music, just writing what i felt) it got lost one the brilliance of the sitar and tabla came into the picture.....
there was just no FEEL in the sound of the mandolin that cud match the sitar's tremendous range

Id only seen a few of Ustad Zakir Hussain's performances on TV...but Live is altogether a different feeling.......... Cant explain it..........
When Srinivas played brilliant pieces on mandolin... Ustad Shahid Parvez matched them on his Sitar.... and created sumthin even more brilliant.........

The live sound of Sitar and the brilliance of Ustad was an unbeatable combination that literally created magic......... I dont remember the last time I was this excited or happy about anything in my life..... Hindustani Classical is Divine...thats all I can say for now....elevates you to a different level....

Im now really really looking forward to these concerts cos now I know what I really like.........I hardly go for any movies... But this is definitely not a waste of money...and definitely not a waste of time...... Its amazing..........

My conclusion - I dont know if id be able to play anything like it ever.... but at least I wanna try hard to learn to appreciate and keep this great music alive..............

No comments:

Post a Comment